Re: An open letter to the debian community

[lots of stuff snipped]

> I haven't visited www.linuxchix.com lately; I'm just wondering whether
> any of them runs Debian.

As far as I know, there are plenty of Linuxchix members around that
use Debian, myself included. I first started using Linux in 1995,
mucked around with a couple of distributions and stuck with Debian.
dselect took a little getting used to, but as soon as everything was
up and running, it stayed that way. Nothing was installed that I didn't
want, so there was none of the "Oh God, what do I have to remove now?"
that I got with other distributions (caveat: I never tried Slackware,
so my experience is limited to DLD [German distribution, my first],
Caldera and SuSE. I'm not knocking other distributions, if people want
to use SuSE, great). I _liked_ Debian, it seemed to like me (it never
crashed or did abnormal things), simple as that.

What I really want to know is: what does being female have to do with
running Debian? Or is it something only men do? Oh, and there are men
subscribed to Linuxchix too, so what point did you want to make?

Jillian, a tad puzzled.