Re: urgent

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 08:26:58PM -0500, Evan Moore wrote
> this upgrade has become a disaster.
> dselect is trying to remove kernel-image-2.0.0 and kernel-image-2.0.6
> the ouput is as follows
>
> removing kernel-image2.0.0...
> dpkg (subprocess):unable to execute pre-removal script: No such file or
> Directory
> dpkg: error processing kernel-image-2.0.0 (--removal)
>  subprocess preremoval script returned error exit status 2
> dpkg (subprocess):unable to execute post-removeal script: No such file or
> Directory
> dpkg: error while cleaning up
>  subprocess postremoval script returned error exit status 2

What's on the first line of /var/lib/dpkg/info/kernel-image-2.0.0.prerm?

It may be trying to run an interpreter that has been moved since
kernel-image-2.0.0 was installed, or is no longer installed.

If the former, you should be able to edit the path on the first line
of the script to reflect its new location.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au
john@huiac.apana.org.au