Gnome & E [Re: Font in GNOME]

Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> It may be more helpful to file this report at bugs.gnome.org, since it will go more
> directly to the author that way; at bugs.debian.org it first has to go through the
> package maintainer.  GNOME uses the Debian bug tracking system, just on a different
> server.

I use Gnome & Enlightenment and I'm wondering why Gnome doesn't
recognize the virtual desktop and virtual screen; ie: if you have
several Gnome terms on separate v. screens and then you save the
session,
the next time you logged in, the terminals will be piled up on the first
screen.
Is this a bug, or it just means that Gnome and E don't work very well?
(if you
have no virtual desktop, then there'll be no problem.)

BTW, have you ever drag your mouse past a screen border and see the
window server scrolls the screen pointed by the mouse? (of course,
assuming that you have set up the virtual screens) I think this is neat.
Have you ever drag a window (or terminal) past a screen border and see
the window server scrolls the screen and put the window in the newly
pointed screen...? I think this is very neat. That's why I like E.

I think it would be nice if what Gnome does doesn't overlap with what E
(or other window servers) does. A simple example: Gnome has a feature
for setting the screen background, E has too. Gnome has a concept of
session, E has (something not-so close to it) too. Problem is,
the features don't always work together, and the duplications make
the use of X is not quite user-friendly (ie: slightly confusing).
I believe if the developers are willing to talk to each other and
deciding the features that are under their controls and that are not,
would be great.

Oki

ps: I believe I posted this twice with some editing.