Re: FORGET WHAT I SAID

"Neil D. Roberts" wrote:

> FORGET WHAT I SAID:
>
> I'll start again. . .The configuration I have is the following:
>
> /etc/conf.modules:
>
> alias ne0 ne
> alias ne1 ne
>
> options ne0 io=0x320 irq=09
> options ne1 io=0x200 irq=03
>
> /etc/modules:
>
> ne0
> ne1

If you have two NICs and use modules, in /etc/modules:
ne io=0x300,0x320

Assuming that those are your BIOS adresses.

> I presume that this means that it got the card, but, how do I make it
> as eth1 ? Do I need to configure ifconfig ?

ifconfig is used for setting which IP number goes to which ethercard.
If you need a particular card to become eth0 or eth1, you'd need to do
it on the card's configuration program (which runs on DOS I presume);
just set a BIOS address for each card, and the lower hex (?) number will
become eth0 (ie: it doesn't matter if you say: "ne io=0x320,0x300",
because the 0x300 will be probed first and it'll be eth0.

Oki