Re: [Linux: Router] What does I need ???

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Now, my Question is, WHAT DOES I NEED to install a simpel Router ???

> Curently I must work with IP-Masquerading only...
> ...but it runs.
>
> OK, I have a LRP 2.9.4 box running which is based on Debian 2.1 (2.0.36).
> I have no knowledge from ipchains and ...

If you have LRP, so what's the problem? All you need is to set it up.
I have a router machine which is a 486/8MHz running Linux that I
downloaded from www.linuxrouter.org.

The setup is pretty simple; you need to download the kernel from the
site, download the modules (according to the NICs you have), put the
image on a floppy, and then boot the machine. root login will lead you
to the lrcfg (a menu-based program for configuring the router); using
the program you can set what modules to load, the IP addresses, etc.
Don't forget to "back-up" the system; meaning, putting everything back
to the floppy.

Oki