RE: Drivers for ASUS P5A-B???

> From: Art Lemasters [mailto:alemas@luvmusl.net]
[...]
> PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on PCI bus 00 device 78,
> VID=10b9, DID=5229

 You need a patch to enable the full-speed IDE support for this
chipset. You can get it at:

  ftp://ftp.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/

>      And BTW, you should see this thang compile a kernel!  ...less
> than 10 minutes on a mainboard and processor that were dirt-cheep!
> Hoowee!  :-)

 Aw, you can do a *lot* better... mine's a P5A, 128MB RAM, K62-400,
bogomips ~800, and I get just over 3 minutes. ;->

 Of course, my system's pure SCSI. I assume you have an IDE drive -
once the patch is applied, you should see a boost in performance.
Look into "hdparm" to really get things cooking.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles       (248) 377-7735         ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

     "Well, I say there are some things we don't *want* to know!
                        Important things!"
                         - Ned Flanders