Re: lpr problem [Ooops, forgot infos]

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 12:12:27AM +0100, Jean-Yves BARBIER wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I didn't print for a long time;
>
> when I try to print a simple text file (lpr ZZZ),
> lpq says: "waiting for lp to become ready (offline ?)"

Motherboard is an ABIT BE-6.
Of course, // port is in the kernel.
I also checked IEEE 1284 in my kernel 2.2.12, and on boot, it says
'parport0: PC-Style 0x378 [SPP, PS2]'
'parport0: Printer, EPSON Stylus Photo 750'

> I check the cable, I de-installed/re-installed the 'lpr'
> package (always using my conf files for a Epson 750, on
> /dev/lp0). Still nothing (even under X, throught 'enscript').

I also tryied to change the // port type in bios (EPP, ECP, SPP)
nothings new :(

> Any clue??

JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
 Is it possible that software is not like anything else, that it is meant to