SB PCI64 - alsa driver or kernel 2.2.x ?

Hello,

I'm desperate SB 64 PCI user trying to get that card to live.

I've tried alsa 0.3.0pre4, and followed all the instructions for SB PCI
cards, module is loaded, mixer is up but no sound is coming out of speaker.
I'm using kde 1.1.2.

I kindly ask for any help, experience on using alsa on SB PCI card. Can I
somehow track the problem ?

And also, like said somewhere, kernels 2.2.x do have support for SB PCI
cards, but the question is which kernel is stable enough to put it on
without too much risk. In some thread in debian user it was 2.2.6 or 2.2.7
recomended for this matter. Is there any change on this ?

Thanks for answers.

Regards,

Robert Rozman
rozman@fri.uni-lj.si