RE[2]: Why

"Paul McHale" <pmchale@doubleesolutions.com> wrote:

> > Well, you posted this Friday afternoon and got thirteen replies (including
> > braindead recommendations such as "get Corel"), none of which you
>
> Braindead ?  It is based on debian ...  Do you really think Corel is a bad
> distro ?  I haven't used it enough.

The new Evil Empire is not RedHat. That's a mistake many of us have made.
Debian will rue the day it got in bed with Corel. I predict Obergruppenfuhrer
Cowpland will mount a full court legal press - and soon - to break the GPL.

Corel doesn't give a farthing for Debian itself, the project and it goals. As
far as Corel is concerned the dedicated folk who keep this wonderful
distribution rolling along are just so many bright kids who "don't get it,"
and I suspect - at least as far as the last claim is concerned - that they are
right.

If you think things have changed around here in the past year or so with the
advent of "Open Source," hang on to your hats; we're in for a real ride, and
real soon, and it won't be nice to watch...

--
Bob Bernstein                http://members.home.net/ruptured-duck
at

"RMS's "curmudgeon-like" griping that he didn't like the term "Open
Source" looked silly to many last year; it's not looking so dumb
today..." Christopher B. Browne