Small problems from recent Potato upgrade

I just upgraded a very stable pure Slink system to Potato and I have a
few legacy problems ( I think)!

Emacs is stuck--won't install or be purged-no dependencies unaccounted
for.

Sound (OSS commercial) is installed but none of the Gnome sound effects
work. Players, mixers, etc all OK.

For some reason Enlightenment is set as the default and the Gnome
control panel will not change it. Yes I told it to write to the config
files, during installation, but they seem to be in the /home/user
directory, as root is OK.

Enlightenment is pretty much improved, but I can not figure out how to
keep the menus from jumping off the screen and killing themselves, when
I try to open the Menu selections that are longer than the screen is
tall..

Everything else seems to be working OK and I am very impressed with the
imprivements. I had no probs with Netscape 4.7, Staroffice 5.1a or WP8
though I did expect them.

Thanks!

--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173