Re: booting from an ext2 HD when Linux is on a second HD

To install Lilo in the MBR of the primary/master drive (/dev/hda), you
need this line in your /etc/lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hda

A minimum lilo.conf in your case (with no menu or boot prompt) might be:

boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hdb1
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map