Re: Proposal: Source file package format

>> ... the LSB is working with GNU Project developers, especially from
>> Debian. ...

Dylan Thurston <dpt@math.berkeley.edu> writes:
[ Dylan's private email is quoted with his permission ]

> One comment that you probably know by now: Debian is not the GNU
> project.  There is no official relation between the two groups.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply an official relationship.

> They do get along well, and I believe Richard Stallman uses Debian,
> but it's certainly worth inviting someone from the GNU project to
> participate in the LSB if they're interested.

I agree.  I'm interested in having the GNU Project participate more
directly.  It would be even better have GNU join as a member (it's free,
of course).

Also, we're having a specification technical meeting in NYC in two
weeks.  The GNU Project may want to see if someone is able to attend the
meeting.  Please let me know.

Dan