Re: Moving secret key from PGP to GPG

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 01:00:11PM +0200, Martin Fluch wrote:

> can anyone give me a short hint, how do I move my secret key from pgp
> (2.6.3) to gpg (1.0) (if it is posible)?

The easiest way is to just tell gpg to use pgp's keyrings in addition to
its own. Add these lines to the ~/.gnupg/options file:
  # your old pgp keyrings
  keyring ~/.pgp/pubring.pgp
  secret-keyring ~/.pgp/secring.pgp

It's recommended to create new GPG keys, though, instead of using your
old pgp keys. You may need one of the nonfree gpg-idea or gpg-rsa
packages to be able to read those keyrings, i don't recall...

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  29 Nov 1999 - new email address added to gpg key