Re: How to telnet to my Linux machine from outside

- install telnetd; "apt-get install telnetd"
- try it; "telnet localhost"
- lookup your Internet IP address; "ifconfig"
- try it from the remote box; "telnet XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"
- tweak /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny to make sure not every
  machine on the Internet can "enjoy" your telnet service;
  "man 5 hosts_access"

HTH,
Remco

PS. Use of sshd is recommended since telnet sends plain text passwords
    over the Internet..

--
inkijk IRT PGP nuclear Saddam Hussein Clinton FSF Waco, Texas IDEA serbian
Ft. Bragg kibo CIA Ortega GPL Ft. Meade domestic disruption genetic cartel