[burke@netgate.net: Request a contact list for installation ?'s]

Hi,

could anyone please help this guy?

Ciao, Hanno
--
|  Hanno Wagner  | Member of the HTML Writers Guild  | Rince@IRC      |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung meiner Email-Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |
| 74 a3 53 cc 0b 19 - we did it!          |    Generation @           |
Immer, wenn man etwas zu dem Haufen grauenlosen Horrors dazuzählen
möchte, mit dem die Menschheit nichts mehr zu tun haben sollte, kommt
jemand mit etwas noch schlimmeren, das er seit Jahrzehnten benutzt.
(von Leitners Gesetz der quadratischen Grausigkeitssteigerung)
--- Begin Message ---
      List master,
             I hope this gets some where.   I am anxious to install
linux on a spare PC.   But,
   There are many questions.   I wento the FAQ to get disk ?'s answered
but only gener-
ated more ?'s that were more difficult to answer.
     My hope is to find a generous soul that is a higher level resource
than I, to ask questions
of.   I have 20+ years in a Unix environment prior to being retired.
Therefore I look for-
ward to being able to operate and expand the environment I was so
comfortable with.

    Is a contact list something that is supported?

   My objective is to increase the size of my hard drive to >5MB and
install Debian linux
and W95 on the same system.   I noticed Corel is going to release a
complete install and
boot software pkg. before  1/1/2K.   My hope is that someone can get me
over the hurdle
with Debian by that approx. time frame.

      If someone can respond the following ?'s are those I would ask:
o  How can you tell if your system can support an ultra DMA-66 hard
drive?
o  Can I install Debian as the primary OS from the release 2.1 CD then
install W95?
    Or is another OS presumed to install from that CD?

           All responses can be directed to burke@netgate.net;  thanks
in advance to any

and all respondents.