Re: Missing libs.

*- On  1 Dec, Robert L. Harris wrote about "Missing libs."

> It appears I need libXext.so.6 for my X now.  Can anyone tell me what
> package supplies this library?

The best way to find out which packages contain the files you need is to
use the "Search the Contents of the Latest Release" search engine at
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages.html.  In this case for the stable
release it returns:

FILE                                                         PACKAGE
usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6                                  x11/xlib6g
usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6.3                                x11/xlib6g
usr/lib/libc5-compat/libXext.so.6                           oldlibs/xlib6
usr/lib/libc5-compat/libXext.so.6.3                         oldlibs/xlib6

HTH,

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.