Re: Snafu

Hello,

The system boots and reboots OK.  I've been playing around with bash
commands.  Not all of the ones I read about on Web pages seem to be
working.  Now I want to run dbootstrap to configure my base system.  But
when I type dbootstrap at the $ prompt, I get "command not found."  I go
to the root (or whatever you call /) and type "find dbootstrap," but
that just gives me "no such file or directory."

Anybody know where I am and where I should be going?  Or is it time to
use a blunt instrument on this installation?

I've been running debian for months, and never heard of the
dbootstrap program.  Perhaps others can elaborate, as it may
be a transient (and temporary) file only used during the install.
I checked MY system, with the command listed below, and it does
not exist anywhere on my system.

find / -name "dbootstrap" -print

As far as commands in general, depending on what command you are
trying to execute, it may or may not exist in the "base system"
provided by a linux distribution.  In the case of Debian, it is
a simple matter to install the correct package that supplies the
command.  If you post some of the commands you are trying, more
information can be provided.

If you are executing "standard" commands, and they are failing, I
would suggest a re-install, which in my opinion is what I would do
anyway.  Again, I'm not familiar with the details of the interruption
of the install you mentioned.

In any case, I would reccomend posting more detail about your
situation.  There are many friendly people on this list with open
ears.

John