Re: Corel to Slink upgrade

Randy Edwards wrote:

> Has anyone tried taking the freebie Corel Linux install and upgrading it to
> slink?
>
> I saw that Corel left the slink entries commented out in
> /etc/apt/sources.list and was curious as to what would go on if someone did
> an update and an apt-get dist-upgrade.  I've been playing with the idea of
> testing it here, but didn't want to waste the download time; anyone else
> given it a whirl?

When I did the install on my friend's laptop, the first thing I did
after corel's install was done was add my local mirror of slink,
security.debian.org, the y2k updates & the XFree86 3.3.5 to its
sources.list and update & upgrade.

Thinking back, I don't recall whether I just used 'apt-get upgrade' or
if I remembered to do a dist-upgrade.

Didn't have any problems other than not getting sound working on the
machine (yet).

jpb
--
Joe Block <jpb@creol.ucf.edu>
CREOL System Administrator

Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life.