Re: Deb package for Julian date?

Godric --

> Hi. Anyone know if there is a deb package (I'm using Slink still with
> 2.0.36 kernel) for converting ordinary dates into Julian dates (as used
> in Astronomy)? Or if no debs then any GNU/Linux package which I could
> use alien on?

I don't know if there is a Debian package to do what you want, but
I have a Perl script that includes subroutines for most data conversions.
It would be trivial to modify it to do whatever conversion you want.

If you know Perl, let me know and I'll send you the subroutines and you
can modify them to your heart's content.  If you don't, tell me what
you need and I can whip it together.

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley           tel: 907-474-2689 fax: 474-2643
930 Koyukuk Drive, Suite 408C     email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu

PGP key: http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu:8080/~cswingle/pubkey.asc