setting up isdn. sorry but redhat is easier

I got my isdn line a few days ago, and using the isdn4net package in
addition to isdn4linux is was quite ease to get redhat 6.1 online. But
debian was my first distribution and I really would like to use it for
my day to day use.

Setting up debian is unfortunately not that easy. From isdn4net web
pages it seems like it is only tested on Redhat. I will contact the
developers to check.

Searching  debian-user did not help me much, so either I am asking the
wrong forum, or it works for most people. I'll return with other
questions, but for a start:
* has anyone had sucess with isdn4net on debian, or is anyone porting
it, or writing an easier frontent do the stuff in isdnutils?
* is isdnutils the only deb-package needed (any my_brain*10)?
* are there any problems using 2.2.12 kernel with slink isdnutils

The isdn line I'm trying to use is in Norway.