Re: char-major-5

These were the steps I followed to solve the problem. Thanks to Colin for his
help!

Michael Heyes

With ppp as a module, try putting the line "alias char-major-108 ppp"
into /etc/modutils/aliases and running 'update-modules' then 'depmod -a'
to see if that solves the problem. (modprobe reads from
/etc/modules.conf, which is generated from /etc/modutils/* by
update-modules, to determine where to find modules.)

Serge Gavrilov <serge@SG3816.spb.edu> on 11/29/99 08:19:52 AM

Please respond to serge@euler.ipme.ru; Please respond to serge@SG3816.spb.edu