[Linux: Router] What does I need ???

Hello and good day.

OK, today in the morning I have downloaded the Base-Installation
of Potato.

Now, my Question is, WHAT DOES I NEED to install a simpel Router ???

I have 5 NIC's 3c509-TPO and a fixed IP-Adress from my Provider (eth0).
The cable modem 2 will be installed next year but I like to install
the Router complete.
A small note: A cable modem can run ONLY 8 fixed IP-Addresses.

eth0    Kabel-Modem 1
eth1    Kabel-Modem 2                           (Not availlable yet)
eth2    HUB 1   192.168.1.x     public network
eth3    HUB 2   192.168.2.x     private network
eth4    HUB 3   192.168.3.x     secure network  (Not availlable yet)

Curently I must work with IP-Masquerading only...
...but it runs.

OK, I have a LRP 2.9.4 box running which is based on Debian 2.1 (2.0.36).
I have no knowledge from ipchains and ...

The last weekend I have tried RedHat and DLD but I almost gave me a shoot...

Back to Linux, - Back to Debian !!!

I hope you can help me

Thanks

Michelle