Re: man and non-80 columns displays

Hi,

> I like to use some non-standard text modes, like 132x60, but when I use
> man it aways show pages as if it were at 80 columns mode. HOw to fix it?

I'm using a quick hack: in the directory /usr/share/groff/tmac (slink/potato)
or /usr/lib/groff/tmac (1.3) there is a file: man.local
Add the lines .ll <linelength> and/or .pl <pagelength> (you'll have to put
these
instructions on seperate lines!)..

In the case of a resolution of 132x60 this would yield to
.pl 59
.ll 132

You'll have to define a pagesize minus one line: for the status-line of
less/more..

Have fun..
  Bob..

PS.: manual pages called earlier are saved in /var/cache/man/* or /var/catman.
These are formatted using your current settings.. You'll have to delete these
first before seeing any change for these pages.. Next to that are the
preformatted pages.. Same problem, but you shouldn't delete these :-)