Re: staroffice, potato (patching the kernel)

aphro <nate@firetrail.com>

> I installed Star Office 5.1 in the /opt directory as root with the
> setup option /net.
>
> Then I ran setup as normal user from the /opt/<staroffice-dir>
> directory and the
> setup program installed basic files in my home directory.
> That's all, no problems under potato with 2.2.11.
>
> Did you install the files in your home directory or did you run
> soffice directly from
> your installation directory??

I've tried the installation both as user and as root, but all I get is a
frozen staroffice installation screen.  Everything breaks, no Ctrl+Alt+BkSp
or Ctrl+Alt+Del ... nothing works.

I recall having it working with 2.0.36, but nothing I can do with
2.2.10.  Since the installation attempts, sometimes, when I quit
X-Window, I get a striped screen and the system freezes (may be
related?).

aphro <nate@firetrail.com> said something about a patch.  How do I apply
a patch to the kernel?  I mean, just by:

# cp patch.x /usr/src/linux/

# cd /usr/src/linux

# patch -p0 <patch.x

(recompile).?

Is 0 the right -pnumber?

TIA

--
Horacio					Anno MMDCCLII ad Urbe condita
homega@ciberia.es			Valencia - ESPAÑA