Re: Font in GNOME

Sven Gaerner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm running potato with GNOME and gmc with some icons on the desktop. The font
> of this icons is very bad to read...
> Can anybody help me?

Is it that it's too small, or the letters are misshapen?  I had some really ugly
letters in the window title bars of enlightenment, because I had installed
xfonts-100dpi but not 75dpi, so it was trying to use scalable fonts to make smaller
lettering, which was really ugly.  Do you have the 75 dpi fonts installed?

But you raise a good point: you can set the default gtk font using the theme
selector, but not the font of the gmc icons.  You might want to file a wishlist bug
report for gmc, ask them to use the default gtk font, or to allow users to choose a
new one.

It may be more helpful to file this report at bugs.gnome.org, since it will go more
directly to the author that way; at bugs.debian.org it first has to go through the
package maintainer.  GNOME uses the Debian bug tracking system, just on a different
server.

Zeen,

-Adam P.