color in xterm

hi,

Just want to feel better when coding; no critical issue this time.

1. the xterm scrollbar displays differently in debian from in redhat.  I
like it in redhat more.  Is it a thing about terminfo? ( Running redhat
binary in debian got same result. )

2. what are all xterm.color* about?  I observe some relationship between
them with some application's color appearance, but not able to understand
all.

3. syntax color( VI ) shows differently in different term
emulators. Basically, I like the color in rxvt.

4. I like ctrl-up and ctrl-down equals to up and down resp.(VI insert
mode) However, I only get it in redhat's xterm.

5. I used to have <home> <end> key work in Pine. Unfortunately, not any
more.

Happy turkey holidays,

jack