Re: Packages for compiling programs?

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 07:47:43PM -0500, Bart Szyszka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a straight answer about a general set of packages
> that I should get if I want to compile programs myself. Aren't there
> several packages I should get that would take care of just about
> most of my compiling needs?

gcc
g++
libc6-dev
libg++... (different versions in slink potato)
libstdc++... (same as above)
cpp
autoconf
automake

These are what is needed to compile simple programs. However, most
programs require some other libraries in order to work. For these you also
have to install the proper libfoo-dev package.

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '