Re: Debian up, now what about Corel's sndconfig?

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Bart Szyszka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm really exited because I finally got Debian working after
> doing an slink to potato upgrade.

Hooray! :-)

> What I'm wondering about is that there were some features I
> would have liked in Corel Linux (I was considering installing it,
> but didn't get very far with its installation program), with one of
> them being sndconfig. I remember that program being included
> in Red Hat and it had automatically detected and configured my
> sound card. Is it possible to somehow get sndconfig from Corel
> and have it working in Debian? On the CD I made from the ISO
> I found a file called 'SNDCONFIG' in the LIVE -> SBIN folder
> (F:\LIVE\SBIN in Windows) of the CD, but what do I do with it? It
> doesn't have a file extension so I can't tell what format it's in.

I debianized Red Hat's sndconfig but gave the package away to Michael-John
Turner <mj@energetic.uct.ac.za> because I'm a little overextended with
packages right now.  I don't think he's uploaded it to Debian yet but you
could ask him and if he isn't ready, I could put my copies up somewhere.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>