Do I need a news server?

Hi all,

I'm learning to use slrn to read newsgroups, but everytime I start
it, I have to download all the message headers/bodies again. I'm not
looking to become a news server for other sites, I just want my local
users (basically just me) to be able to read a few selected NGs.

I want to be able to configure the server/whatever to pull new
articles down every couple hours (or more frequently) and keep them
locally for awhile.

I was looking at leafnode. Will this do what I want, or is there a
better choice?

Thanks

--
                                      __   _