Re: Problems with libapache-mod-python in slink

On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 09:33:46PM +0100, Wojciech Zabolotny wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have problems with libapache-mod-python in Slink.
> I need to use the apache-ssl, but libapache-mod-python depends on apache,
> so I needed to install the standard apache as well (so I changed
> the non-ssl port for apache-ssl to 8080).
> However when I installed the apache, my apache-ssl didn't start any more...
> Where is the problem?
> Shouldn't the libapache-mod-python depend on apache-common instead of
> apache?
> --

I think the dependency should be, apache-ssl provides apache, this
problems exists in potato as well.

I got apache-ssl to run. Don't run the regular apache (update-rc.d -f
apache remove). Then set-up apache-ssl to listen on both ports 80 and
443.  Use .htaccess files to force https where it is required.

However, when all is said and done, I haven't been able to get the
python module to work. For some reason it always kills apache (either
version) when I configure it to be loaded. The only suggestion I got was
to recompile apache from source -- apparently a problem with the
configuration of the binary versions. I haven't gotten around to doing
this, so...
| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |