Re: apt-get is holding back messages

On 25/11/99 Mark Wagnon wrote:

I recently upgraded to potato, and just noticed thant I'm still using
the .95 version of mutt (potato has the 1.0 v.). I did and apt-get
update/upgrade and a bunch of packages are being held back. Is there a
way to get them to install via apt-get?

did you try apt-get dist-upgrade? or just apt-get upgrade?

apt-get upgrade never removes packages currently installed, so if a new/updated package depends on something that conflicts with a package currently installed, then that package will not be installed.

if my explanation sucks try the man page on apt-get :-)

Ethan