RE: RIVA128 (nVidia) card works, but loses cursor in emacs ...

> From: Jinsong Zhao [mailto:zhaojs@cadence.com]
[...]
> I mail-ordered a XFree86-supported video card, yet I received a Jaton
> Video-68AGP card that uses RIVA128ZX chip. [...] Now this card is
> working, [...] Except, to my surprise, that the emacs cursor does not
> show up!

 Yeah, I've run into that, too. I don't use emacs at home all that
often, so I'm using the simple workaround of running emacs in "no
window" mode in an rxvt. (Just run "emacs -nw".)

 Now, this is not acceptable for everyone. If you can't work with that,
take a look at the list archives; there are Debian packages for XFree86
3.3.5, which might have fixed this bug. (Search for 'netgod' - I know
that's part of the address where it's stored.)

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles       (248) 377-7735      ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 If all the muscles in your body pulled in the same direction, you
  could lift over twenty tons. But you'd walk funny. - L. M. Boyd