Re: Ethernet irq #3

> I`m fairly new to all this so before I go to the extent of replacing
> the kernel, which I hadn`t intended to do until potato was the stable
> version, please could someone tell me in laymans terms how to change
> the IRQ that this NIC uses even if only to eliminate the IRQ as a
> possibility.

That depends greatly on the card; can't help you there.

> BTW I don`t know if this is relevant but if I do "lsmod" the at1700
> driver doesn`t show and if I do "modprobe at1700" I get this message:
>
> FUDO2:/home/paul# modprobe at1700
> /lib/modules/2.0.36/net/at1700.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
>
> Is this important?

It certainly is - it means the driver for the ethernet card isn't
detecting the card.  Do you know what i/o port it's using?  Knowing that
would greatly simplify getting networking to work.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein