Re: Botting a Mylex DAC960 RAID controller

a quick fix may be to install the distribution onto a non raid'd drive and
just copy it over once the raid is setup.  this is how i setup my
(software) based raid servers.. installed to 1 partition, made the rest of
the partitions mirrored, and just cp -a'd the files over after i made the
raid arrays.(resized the root partition too)

Filesystem         1024-blocks  Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/sda1             839599  126369   669857     16%   /
/dev/md0             1189050  786848   340759     70%   /usr
/dev/md1             1484447  939148   468595     67%   /users
/dev/md2              513082  349434   137146     72%   /var
/dev/md3              147666     161   139880      0%   /tmp
/dev/sdb1             839599  272200   524026     34%   /stuff

might save you a lot of pain & suffering with installing directly to a
raid array from the start.  does the mylex raid controller support booting
linux off a raid array? from what i read the root partition cannnot be
part of a raid array without some crafty configuration.

nate