Re: Can't "make menuconfig"

> I can "make config" and "make xconfig" but I can not "make menuconfig".
> When I try, I get the following:
>
> westk03:/usr/src/linux# make menuconfig
> rm -f include/asm
> ( cd include ; ln -sf asm-i386 asm)
> make -C scripts/lxdialog all
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.1/scripts/lxdialog'
> gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLOCALE
> -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"   -c lxdialog.c -o lxdialog.o
> In file included from lxdialog.c:22:
> dialog.h:29: curses.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [lxdialog.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.1/scripts/lxdialog'
> make: *** [menuconfig] Error 2
> westk03:/usr/src/linux# exit
> exit
>

> Can anyone suggest a fix? Thanks!

I think I had something similar (or was it the exact thing) with slink and
2.0.36 sources. I also believe I saw someone else who reported it to the list
not long ago.
I never solved it and meanwhile I upgraded to unstable - where it does not
happen. Therefor, a workaround is to upgrade to unstable.

away!