updating the dpkg versions

Hola~

I build some debian packages instead of trying to build the dpkg and install
that, I've just been running the normal make, make install.

This way, I can keep some things up to the latest versions. For example, I
build vim and gcc as soon as they are available.

For vim it's not really an issue, but for gcc it's a bit of a problem. Is
there a way to update the dpkg version info so it thinks it has the correct
version of gcc, g++, run-time lib, etc???

MO

--

Michael O'Brien
mikeo@sgi.com                                                 Alias|Wavefront

At Microsoft, we always feel we can improve on a standard.
               -Dale Rogerson, _Inside COM_