turning off smtp and sunrpc services

Just completed an apt-get dist-upgrade today, and after all the dust and
smoke settled I noticed that the smtp and sunrpc services are enabled. I
checked using nmap, and here is the output I got:

@phoenix:[/home/ssahmed]  nmap localhost

Starting nmap V. 2.12 by Fyodor
Interesting ports on phoenix (127.0.0.1):
Port    State       Protocol  Service
25      open        tcp        smtp
111     open        tcp        sunrpc
113     open        tcp        auth
1024    open        tcp        unknown
6000    open        tcp        X11

The line corresponding to smtp in /etc/inetd.conf is commented out:

#:MAIL: Mail, news and uucp services.
#smtp stream  tcp     nowait  mail    /usr/sbin/exim exim -bs

I am running exim as my MTA but only for local delivery of mail. When I
first setup exim a month ago, I disabled smtp from /etc/inetd.conf since
I use my ISP's smtp server.

So, where is this (new) smtp server being started up from ? It wasn't
running prior to the apt-get dist-upgrade that I did today. And how do I
disable it ?

Ditto for the sunrpc service.

Thanks for any info.

--