Re: upgrading from corel linux to potato

Another possible reason:

Slink is too old! (As far as I know, it doesn't support my video card well
or at all - it's a TNT2)

Potato is a pain in the butt to install over a modem!

So... for me at least, it makes a lot of sense to install a Corel Linux system,
then just install extra packages that I want from Potato.  If I had a fast
connection (like at work) I would just install Potato - but I don't (stuck
on a 28.8), and I don't really want to be downloading stuff for 2 or 3 days.

Is that reason enough? :)

-David G. Watson