Re: Can't "make menuconfig"

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Kent West wrote:

> I can "make config" and "make xconfig" but I can not "make menuconfig".
> When I try, I get the following:

I'm going to make the connection and presume you're trying to compile the
kernel.  It'd normally help if you say which kernel you're compiling since
that could possibly make a difference; also which version of debian you're
using ...

[snip]
> dialog.h:29: curses.h: No such file or directory

this is the key to the error you're getting.  you need to install the
curses development package.  On my potato I find this file in the
libncurses4-dev package.

normally I've fire up console-apt (or dselect/whatever) and search through
for everything with 'curses' in the name to see if anything comes up that
I think I need as well.

if not, then:  apt-get install libncurses4 libncurses4-dev

it's possible that the first one will report as already being installed.

-dave

--
   |     oOOooO           /
 --|    oOobodoO        /   dsb3@earthlink.net