Re: Xfree-changing default

*- On 19 Nov, Antonio Rodriguez wrote about "Xfree-changing default"
> How do I change my default starting of Xserver to 32 from 8 or so? I
> have several modes avalable, but if I try from the command prompt:
> startx -- -bpp 32 it says: Xserver already running. Can't, or something
> similar.
> So, what should I do to swithch to 32?
> Thanx

First you need to stop the currently running X server.  Do you have xdm
installed?  By default it starts on boot up in Debian.  To stop xdm you
can run '/etc/init.d/xdm stop'.

If you have xdm installed you can edit /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers and add
the -bpp 32 to the line at the end of the file.  There should be
examples in the file. Something like:

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X vt7 -bpp 32

--
Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you