RE: Sane / Scanner problem

The scanner (HP 4c) id was set to "2". When I booted with the scanner off, and
entered the "echo" line you suggested, the scanner mounted and I was able to
access it.  Hmmm.  My lilo.conf forced recognition with
"append=aha152x=0x140,9,2" so I tried changing the scsi id from 2 to 3 in the
append line and rebooted. The scanner was detected fine, and only at scsi id 2.
Dmesg showed  "scsi generic sga at scsi0, channel 0, id 2, lun 0".

It works, I'm happy, but I don't understand the behavior. Any ideas?

Michael Heyes

"Ingles, Raymond" <Ray.Ingles@fanucrobotics.com> on 11/17/99 11:19:26 AM