Re: Debian SPARC

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 ferret@phonewave.net wrote:

> > > This is a console log of a normal 2.2.13 boot of my IPX, kernel compiled
> > > on the IPX, console on ttya, before I wiped the drive (AM Nov 17) and
> > > reinstalled slink. Potato at that time was not letting me log in on
> > > console (PM Nov 16) saying something about a 'function not implimented' on
> > > /dev/ttyS0
> >
> > Actually it says something about function not implemented on /dev/cua0,
> > see:
> > tty_io.c: process 1 (swapper) used obsolete /dev/cua0 - update software to use /dev/ttyS0
> > link /dev/console to /dev/ttyS0 and see if it helps.
> Ah, yeah /dev/console -> /dev/cua0 (I'll fix that right up)
> And I'll try 2.2.13 with it.
Fixed /dev/console and booted 2.2.13:
Same type of problem:

Cleaning: /tmp /var/lock /var/run.
Initializing random number generator... done.
Recovering nvi editor sessions... done.
zs_open ttyS0, tty overwrite.
zs_open ttyS0, tty overwrite.
zs_open ttyS0, tty overwrite.
zs_open ttyS0, tty overwrite.

And then the kernel panic after a while.
I disabled nviboot: still does it.
It looks like it's doing it right when it's in runlevel 'S', right before
it goes runlevel 2.

I'll take a closer look at it in the morning.