Re: Question about Update site behaviour

Previously John Foster wrote:
> I have been working on a new installation today and to my dismay the
> sources.list file that I have been using for months, is suddenly doing
> strange things. I have made no adjustments to it but when I ran apt-get
> update and dselect update I got hits on all the sites listed, but it
> showed 76% of the files then froze up and would not finish the update.

I'm guessing you use a proxy-server; try it without a that. Most
proxy-servers don't support all the options that apt needs.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |