Re: postgres and php problem in slink

Francesco Tapparo wrote:
  >I'm having some problems with php3, postgresql and php3-pgsql. When I
  >connect from an html page to my postgres server, I receive an error because
  >www-data is not a postgres user. In my pre-2.2 system I simply did
  >"createuser www.data", but if I try to do that in a 2.1 system, createuser
  >complain that www-data contains  not admissible characters.
  >How can I set up postgres to resolv this problem?

The createuser script is deliberately disabled from creating usernames
with '-' and some other characters, because of a bug in GRANT which makes
it impossible to give permissions to that user.  This bug is cured in the
release in unstable (and the restriction on createuser is removed).

If you want to create the user in the stable release, accepting the
problem with GRANT, use the CREATE USER command inside psql.  You may
have to enclose the user name in double quotes.

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that