Really weird (and cool) WP8 bug, try it

I have Corel WordPerfect 8 (free, as in beer, version) for Linux, and it
has the weirdest bug in the world:

You start it up and type:
There's 10 of us.<ENTER>

and boom! it segfaults.  Something to do with the
proofreading grammar checker (which has to be on).

What's neat is, you can start some pretty nasty FUD, because the following
will also crash:

Microsoft Office is bug-ridden, but you know what?  There's 100% of those
bugs in Corel WordPerfect too!

and it segfaults.  Ouch!  Try it and post the results.

More details:

There's 10 of us.

- Grammar "As-You-Go" proofreading must be on.
- Uses the free (beer), downloadable version of Corel WP8 for Linux.
- must have a space or nothing before and after the sentence; enclosing it
in quotes doesn't cause the crash.
- expanding the "There's" to "There is" doesn't cause the crash
- Other words, such as "them", "those", "these", "their", can replace "us"
and still cause the crash.
- "10" can be replaced by a number (literal or spelled-out) that is two
characters or more long. (not 0 1 2 3..., but 11 150 ten twelve fifty-six
etc.)
- Reinstalling WordPerfect did not fix it.  This crash occurs on two
Debian systems, an i686 and an i586, both running 2.2 kernels (2.2.11-ac3,
and 2.2.13)

Again, try it and post the results.

--
"I already have all the latest software."
     -- Laura Winslow, "Family Matters"

Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@cheerful.com

Advertising Policy: http://DLitzPower.tripod.com/spamoff.htm
GnuPG Public Key:   http://DLitzPower.tripod.com/gpgkey.asc
     Fingerprint:   0535 F7CF FF5F 8547 E5A5 695E 4456 FB6C BC39 A4B0