Re: Debian CDs

Shaul Karl wrote:
> Since an executable for one architecture can not, in general, be executed on another you must have 2 separate sets of binaries.

Of course. But I don't think that all 4 Debian CDs (for an architecture)
are full of the binaries. I believe that the space is used up by the
sources. So I think it would be nice if you could just have one binaries
CD for each architecture and then have the rest of the CDs for the
sources. And I think that one CD would be enough to put the binaries for
an architecture. (Even if you put everything -- useful daemons & apps --
they wouldn't eat up all the 600+ MB space; of course, I stand to be
corrected).

> If you insist on having only one set of CDs Then the only solution I see is to make by yourself the packages for the architecture you have not got CDs for. This can be done by using the debianized sources from the CDs that you do have.

This would be too much for me... :-)

Oki