Re: Kernel compiling problem

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 12:50:21PM +0200, Denis J. Cirulis wrote
> Hello Debian GeeKs !
>
> I have such a problem :
>     weak machine i486/8MB RAM/2x200MB HDD/3com905B/512Kb video
>
> I want to change the kernel on my slink machine from 2.0.36 -> 2.0.38 and as a result of make menuconfig i have the following:
> lfxdialog.o no such file or directory something like that.
>
> The quection is : which packages do i have to install to compile my kernel without any problems ?

To make menuconfig you need to have a package that provides ncurses-dev
installed, like libncurses4-dev, as well as the other tools you need
to build the kernel (binutils, gcc, patch, make, libc6-dev, bin86).

In case you aren't already, it's also a very good idea (and saves a
lot of hassle in the medium term) to use kernel-package to build
your kernel.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au