Which UID to run ProFTPD under for anon access?

Hi there,

ProFTPD comes with a default setting of ftp.nogroup for anonymous ftp.
Unfortunately there isn't a user "ftp" on my system. Because I was too lazy to
create the user (and didn't know either which uid to give it) I tried to use
"nobody.nogroup," but to no avail. ProFTP doesn't accept "ftp" or "anonymous"
in this case, it behaves as if "ftp" was a normal user and wants a password.

Should I create a user "ftp," or what else should I do to make things as safe
as possible?

I'm basically using the default config file, and I'm running the server stand-
alone.

Thanks,

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\