Re: XFree update

Antonio Rodriguez writes:
>I have slink installed with the Xfree version that comes with it. My
>video card is not supported in that release (Matrox Productiva G100 8mb
>AGP). I checked and it is supported in the new release of xfree. Can you
>indicate what exactly I must download, and how to install it so that it
>works? So far I haven't been able to get beyond a basic XF86Config file,
>that does not use much of the capability of the hardware.

The X maintainer has made available the 3.3.4 version for slink.  It can
be found at http://samosa.debian.org/~branden/xfree86-334-slink. If you
are using apt and the apt method in dselect(which I highly recommend
you do) then just add the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list and
the update and upgrad.

deb http://samosa.debian.org/%7Ebranden/ xfree86-334-slink/

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.