Re: Booting from floopy slow

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

arodri >accelerate it? Is there any command to type that will speed it, say
arodri >redirect it to hdb1? When I made the installation I also enabled booting
arodri >from hard disk.

boot to dos, and use loadlin, which boots linux from dos, be careful there
are no TSRs loaded (drivers) unless you really need them.  loadlin
requires a copy of the kernel to reside on the dos partition so it can
boot it.  boots much faster then floppy.

nate